Welcome! This tutorial will explain how to download WordPress from wordpress.org and extract the files on your computer.
Note: If you haven’t created your SQL database yet, you’ll need to do that before installing WordPress on your website. You can find the tutorial for creating an SQL database here.
- Download WordPress
- Open your browser and go to wordpress.org/download
- Click on the blue Download WordPress x.x.x button in the upper right corner of the page
- Save to your computer
- Extract WordPress files from zip file
- Open the folder on your computer where you saved the WordPress download
- Locate the zip file called wordpress-x.x.x.zip
- Double-click on the zip file to extract the WordPress folder
- Open the extracted WordPress folder and locate the following folders and files
- You are now ready to upload these folders and files to your website
Next step: Upload WordPress to your website